Ourlives Market (Provided)
- Evoke Marketing Agency is the originator of Urlives Marketplace, a digital marketplace she created after discovering that start-ups couldn’t afford to market themselves.
- Founded in 2020, Ourlives is a local products and services platform to build brand awareness and create more enthusiasm and hype for local buying.
- Designed for entrepreneurs and customers to provide access to South African brands and services on the site, businesses can register their products or services on one of six price packages starting at R 499 per month.
- For more stories, visit www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
South African marketing agency Evoke Advertising Agency has found that young entrepreneurs cannot afford to market their start-ups or businesses. This led the agency to create Ourlives Marketplace, a digital space for proudly South African brands.
Good marketing has many dimensions; the ideal outcome most entrepreneurs want is to generate sales, says founder Thabang Moye.
“Unfortunately, for a brand to reach a huge number of people, it has to have a big marketing budget,” says Moye.
Thabang Moye, founder of Ourlives Marketplace. (Provided)
Originally formed as a small publication focused on promoting brands and small businesses, Moye quickly turned the idea into a marketplace in 2020.
Over the past year, the platform has partnered with more than 50 brands. The success rate of your business is measured in two ways, brand awareness and lead generation.
The agency provides entrepreneurs with a monthly brand reach analysis. “We also give ideas; recommendations for the brand on what to do to get maximum exposure, ”Moye said.
There are two ways that brands appear in the Ourlives marketplace: they can either register their brands or businesses for those who may not know how to handle their own digital marketing, which then allows them to register and list their brand or their business using Urlives. The alternative is affiliation, these are brands that are listed on the platform by them to make the brand known to consumers through Ourlives Marketplace.
Offering six price packages starting at R499 and up to R6,999. The price varies according to the services provided in each package. The packages are designed to respond to creating a digital footprint for the business and helping local brands be successful, Moye explains.
Among the registered companies is Nibble Pack founded by Irene Disemelo, 26, who recently joined the platform. Nibble Pack offers mobile cooking, meal preparation and corporate catering services.
Irene Disemelo, Snack Pack.
Nibble Pack ready meals. Instagram Image
Tosh Detergents, launched by Lufuno Rasoesoe, a civil engineer who turned to formulating detergents amid the Covid-19 pandemic, is also on the platform. Detergents are now available from Spar at Mall @ 55 in Centurion, Gauteng.
Rasoesoe loves what she does and always knew there was so much more to her that she needed to share it with the world. For her, @tosh_detergents is a way to improve one’s life, one’s society but above all a way to contribute to a positive change in the world. pic.twitter.com/1Qvdgvz2HP
– Ourlives Market (@OurlivesMarket) December 3, 2021